Skip to content

Lauren Drain Kagan Shows Off Shredded Abs and Reveals Her Hip Exercises

Here is everything you need to know about her diet and exercise habits.
FACT CHECKED BY Christopher Roback

Lauren Drain Kagan is heating up social media with her shredded abs! In a new social media post, the fitness influencer and trainer, who boasts over 3.8 million followers on Instagram, flaunts her amazing figure. "Uruguay was a dreammmmm 🇺🇾 Who's ready to work on their summer bod already?" she captioned the post. She also shared a video revealing one of the exercises responsible for her fantastic figure. Here is the exercise – and everything you need to know about her approach to diet and exercise.  

Exercising for Mental Health

Lauren, who famously escaped the Westboro Bible Baptist Church after growing up in it, is open about her experiences and claims that exercise helped heal her. "It was very therapeutic," she told Fox News. "There were times in my life where I experienced a lot of anxiety and depression. For me, it was an amazing outlet. … I got my confidence from fitness and it's really empowering. … As a nurse, I saw people at the bedside needing heart transplants, open-heart surgery. I really wanted to get on the preventative side of health care. And I just love empowering others." 

Quick Body Transformation


Lauren first transformed her body in 2014 over a 14-week period. She takes a get-fit-fast approach. "I signed up for my first WBFF (World Beauty Fitness & Fashion) show and trained my ass off – literally. Remember, competition prep is not the same as normal training. I was able to cut through all my excess fat, which revealed the muscle definition I had underneath. I went from 135+ lbs to about 122 lbs," she says on her website. "Since then, I've worked to build more muscle mass in all the 'right' places, becoming stronger, healthier, and happier in the process. The booty and legs you see now are not genetic blessings or surgical projects, they're the product of hard work. I see girls on social media time and time again calling themselves fitness models, fit chicks, etc… when in reality, most of them were blessed at birth when they won the genetic lottery."

RELATED: 4 Foods That Secretly Are Adding HUNDREDS More Calories Than You Think

80/20 Eating Plan

Lauren eats healthy most of the time, abiding by the 80/20 diet plan. "I don't diet – I live an 80/20 lifestyle. Healthy eating 80% of the time and indulge in more fun foods the other 20%. I eat 4-5 meals a day anywhere from 1600-2400 cal depending on my training levels & body goals. Starvation & crash diets are not a solution," she wrote in a Facebook post. 



Lauren is an avid hiker. "Hiking is one of the best ways to get exercise. No matter what type of trail you find yourself on, hiking is a great whole-body workout—from head to toe and everything in between," says the National Parks Service.

RELATED: I Lost 40 Pounds, and Here Is Everything I Ate in Day

Hip Thrusters

In her Instagram video, Lauren shows off some serious strength, doing 315-pound hip thrusters a total of three times. The move is great for your core and your upper legs. 

💪🔥Body Booster: If you eat healthy 80 percent of the time and allow yourself a little bit of cheating, you can lose weight without depriving yourself. 

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more
Filed Under