Skip to content

Woman Lost 44 Pounds With 5 Simple Habits You Can Do Today

An influencer reveals a few simple things she did to lose weight.

Laurine regularly shares fitness, food, and motivational videos with her hundreds of thousands of followers on TikTok. She has lost a whopping 44 pounds and totally transformed her body by changing her diet and lifestyle. In a viral TikTok video that has amassed millions of views, she revealed "simple habits to help you lose weight."


Laurine Walks Every Day

stylish hipster woman walking in grass and holding in hand herb wildflowers in summer mountains, travel concept, peaceful relaxing moment. happy earth day

Recently, she shared a few other healthy habits that she incorporated into her weight loss journey. "Simple habits to help you to lose weight," she says in clips, starting with an exercise suggestion. "Walk every day," she says. Going for a daily walk can be a game changer in terms of exercise, especially at a brisk speed. One study published in JAMA Internal Medicine found that walking at a brisk pace for about 30 minutes a day led to a reduced risk of heart disease, cancer, dementia and death, compared with walking a similar number of steps but at a slower pace.

Related: 3 Easy Steps That Will Help Anyone Lose Weight and Look Great


She Follows the 80/20 Diet

@laurinehy and I was still losing weight! #weightloss #motivation ♬ original sound – luna 🧟‍♀️

Laurine also tries to "eat 80% healthy," which means she is a follower of the 80/20 diet. In another video she explains that she fills her plate with "healthy and unprocessed foods" the majority of the time. The other 20 percent she allows herself to indulge in things like pizza and sushi. 


She Stays Active

Group young Friends Playing Volleyball On Beach

Laurine also encourages activity. "Do the sport you love," she says. Physical activity is anything that gets your body moving. Each week adults need 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity and 2 days of muscle-strengthening activity, according to the current Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.


And, She Hydrates

Woman drinking water from a sports bottle.

Another healthy habit that most health experts unanimously agree is a must? Hydration. "Drink about two liters of water," she says. According to the Mayo Clinic, hydration is important for a variety of reasons. Water helps get rid of waste through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements, keeps your temperature normal, lubricates and cushions joints, and helps protect sensitive tissues.

Related: #1 Dumbest Thing You Can Do to Lost Weight, According to Nutrition Expert (He Did It Too)


She Avoids Eating Out of Boredom


Another way Laurine ensures she doesn't overeat is by avoiding eating out of boredom. "Focus on your meal," she says in another video. "No phone, TV." She also says to "eat slowly" and practice "conscious eating."

💪🔥Body Booster: Experts unanimously agree that walking is a great workout. However, if you want to build muscle and maximize weight loss, try walking slower on an incline than faster on a flat surface. 

Leah Groth
Leah Groth has decades of experience covering all things health, wellness and fitness related. Read more